Tec Sidemount Diver Course
PLEASE NOTE: If you have already completed the side mount speciality course the cost of the course reduces to £250.
Please contact us for further details.
The course is conducted over one evening of theory follwed by a confined water session to practice the new skills for sidemount diving you will learn on the course.
Two days are then spent doing a minimum of 3 training dives followed by practice skill sessions
Tec Sidemount offers the same benefits as the PADI Sidemount Diver course but gives you the opportunity to dive with 2+ cylinders for extended dive times.
The Tec Sidemount Diver course is a great way to get started into technical diving because the skills you learn in this course will train you to handle multiple cylinders on a single dive. You can combine what you learn in the Tec Sidemount Diver course with other open-circuit tec courses that you take, or certifications you’ve already earned, to take advantage of sidemount’s cylinder configuration and handling advantages.
- Don and doff their sidemount cylinders whilst in the water.
- Conduct a buoyancy check at the surface.
- Donor and receiver to an out of air diver.
- Switch regulators to keep gas balanced in their independent cylinders.
- Neutral buoyancy swimming using various finning techniques.
- Valve shutdowns exercise combined with gas switches (safety drill).
- Twin partial cylinder removal and swim neutrally buoyant.
- Neutral swim with one cylinder removed (hand-held).
- Simulate a regulator free flow and breathe from regulator using (valve fluttering).
- Maintain the correct trim of the sidemount cylinders (especially when buoyant).
- Sidemount bungee failure, replace with spare.
- Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization
- Have logged 30 or more dives
- At least 18 years old
- Certification as a PADI Enriched Air Diver is recommended
The following equipment will be supplied as part of the course:
- Hollis Sidemount System
- 2 x Hollis SM Regulator System
- 2 x Ali 80 SM Cylinders
- Air or Nitrox Fills
You will need to bring the following equipment on the course:
- Mask, Fins & Suitable Exposure Protection (snorkel optional)
- Sidemount Harness & BCD (approved by instructor prior to the course)
- Dive Tables, Depth Guage & Dive Timer (or Dive Computer)
- Divers Tool or Knife
- Slate with Pencil
- Two Surface Signaling Devices (whistle & SMB or signal mirror)
- Reel & SMB (if required by local regulations)
- Multi Pouch Or Pocket
- Redundancy Equipment (spare bungee, double ended bolt snap, cable ties and mouthpiece)
All of the above can be hired if required
Diving fees, transport, accommodation and gas fees are not included.
Contact the dive centre who will arrange a meeting at the dive centre to discuss your training needs if required. Call us on 0118 9761729 or email us at info'at'divestyle.co.uk (replace 'at' with @).