RK3 HD Fins
The Apeks RK3 HD is a heavier duty version of the standard RK3 which makes them stiffer and heavier for divers that prefer a little more negative buoyancy in their fins. The RK3 HD is made in a single piece mould for improved durability and the high density rubber material is ideal for harsh diving environments.
The fin incorporates a vented blade design that helps to reduce the stress on the foot and ankle during the kicking cycle and enhancing thrust during the downstroke. The foot pocket is fitted with stainless steel spring straps with large grip tabs and the foot pocket features a handy grommet designed to allow divers to hang their fins for drying or storage.
- Based on one of the first vented rubber fins sold in North America and popular among military and professional divers.
- Compact, and ultra-rugged for use in harsh environments.
- Improved foot pocket with spring straps for ease of use with cold hands or thick gloves.
- The design has been the standard gear issue fin for military, special ops, coast guard and public safety divers for decades.
- Short wide blade provides maximum forward thrust while maintaining great manoeuvrability.
- Vented blade design reduces resistance on the upstroke and enhances thrust on the downstroke.
- The vents also eliminate vortexes that can occur along the back of the blade much in the same way split fins eliminate the vortex.
- The blade material designed to hold up in the toughest environments, temperatures and abuse.
- Two large grommet holes designed to fit most karabiners for easy storage of the fins while accessing the dive site.
- Spring straps as standard.
- Custom designed buckle holds spring straps in optimum position.