PADI Scuba Diving Sea Survival
This new course is a must for all new divers and many experienced divers who have no sea survival training. The purpose of the PADI RNLI Diver Sea Survival Specialty Diver Course is to cover the knowledge and skills to enable you, as a diver to be better prepared and skilled to dive in the UK environment.
What do I need to start?
- PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Minimum age: 12 years old
What will I do?
Upon completing the PADI Sea Survival Speciality, you should be able to understand:
- Scuba Dive Pre Planning
- Dive preparation
- Navigation Kits
- Safety Kits
- Low Viz conditions
- Surface Emergencies
- Out of Air Emergencies
How long will it take?
- Normally 1 evening theory and a day completing the 2 open water / sea dives.
- Sea Survival Course includes 2 fun, challenging Scuba Dives where you will learn and demonstrate survival skills in open water both on the surface and under water. Maximum depth of 18 meters.
What will I need?
- Ideally you will have all your own dive equipment but if not then this course includes all standard equipment
- You will need your own dumb and dive reel / spool
How much does it cost?
- Full Equipment Hire
- Use of Specialist equipment (except DSMB & reel)
- Air Fills
- PADI Certification fees
- Travel and entry fees (about £17) to the open water site
Where can I go from here?
PADI Rescue Diver - Many scuba divers say the PADI Rescue Diver course is challenging, yet great fun and the most rewarding course they've ever taken. Learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, become more confident in your skills, help others, maybe save a life. Book PADI Rescue Diver
PADI SMB Speciality - This course will teach you how to easily, safely and reliably deploy a dSMB; giving you the peace of mind that you are comfortable using this essential (though initially daunting) piece of equipment whenever you may need to. Book PADI SMB Speciality