The PADI Specialty Instructor Course
Dive more, have more fun and teach about your favourite subjects. Specialty instructor courses provide valuable teaching tips for meeting the requirements of the course. You can choose from any of the 27 standard specialty courses that PADI offers along with distinctive specialty courses your Course Director may offer. Having five specialty instructor ratings is a prerequisite for the Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT) rating.
What's not included?
- Individual Specialty Instructor outlines £9.95
- PADI Specialty Instructor Rating Certification Fee starting at £30.55
- Transport to dive sites
- Dive site fees, typically start at £16 per day at Vobster Quay, NDAC etc
- Any boat fee's / mooring fee's
- Scuba equipment
The Fun Part
Whether it's Ice, Deep, Photography, Enriched Air Nitrox or one of your own, PADI Specialty Instructors are out there scuba diving and training. Join the fun.
As a PADI Specialty Instructor, challenge your students to become Master Scuba Divers, Increase your marketability as a PADI Professional
The Challenging Part
The challenging part of this course is your personal commitment to the training. The course requires you to complete all the self-study Knowledge Reviews before the course begins and to prepare daily assignments for teaching presentations daily. Organization and dedication are key.
What You Learn
You're on your way to becoming a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer with only five PADI Specialty Instructor ratings
You have three ways to become a PADI Specialty Instructor:
- With a Course Director
- Use your experience to apply directly to PADI
- Write your own outline
Doing Specialty Instructor with a PADI Course Director
- 10 experience dives in each particular specialty
- Minimum number of certification not required
Apply for Specialty Instructor Rating directly to PADI
- 20 experience dives in each particular specialty
- Have certified at least 25 divers before applying
Specialty Instructor Training course attendance is highly recommended. These courses provide valuable hands-on training, technique demonstrations, course marketing information, current PADI Standards information and, when applicable, instructor-level open water training.
How long will it take?
Each speciality instructor course has a minimum number of hours that you must complete. For more information and details of speciality instructor packages please contact us on 0118 926 2288 or email us
What you can teach
Teach the PADI Specialties you like most!
Specialty Courses Available
- AWARE Coral Reef Conservation
- AWARE Fish Identification Specialty Instructor
- Boat Diver Specialty Instructor
- Deep Diver Specialty Instructor
- Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor
- Diver Propulsion Vehicle Specialty Instructor
- Drift Diver Specialty Instructor
- Dry Suit Diver Specialty Instructor
- Enriched Air Nitrox Specialty Instructor
- Equipment Specialty Instructor
- Multi-Level Diver Specialty Instructor
- Night Diver Specialty Instructor
- Emergency Oxygen Provider Specialty Instructor
- Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Instructor
- Project AWARE Specialty Instructor
- Search and Recovery Diver Specialty Instructor
- Underwater Navigator Specialty Instructor
- Underwater Naturalist Specialty Instructor
- Underwater Photography Specialty Instructor
- Underwater Videography Specialty Instructor
- Wreck Diver Specialty Instructor
The learning materials you will need
PADI's Specialty Instructor Manual (product no. 70250) includes the specialty instructor guides for all of PADI's standardized specialties. The outlines are also available digitally on the Specialty Instructor Manual CD-ROM (product no. 70909MUL). Once registered, the digital specialty manual can be updated for a discounted price.
What do I need to start?
You must be a Renewed PADI Assistant Instructor, PADI Instructor or have completed an IDC or Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program within the past 12 months.
Where can I go from here?
Each speciality has it's own unique value that will make you a more rounded PADI professional. Complete 5 specialities and you are well on your way to the PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer certification
Interested in the Instructor Course?
Contact John Campbell who will arrange a meeting at the dive centre to discuss your training needs. To book your place, complete the booking form, call us on 0118 9761729 or email us at info'at'divestyle.co.uk (replace 'at' with @).