PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor Course
Full IDC Inclusive of AI & OWSI (no crew pack) £1144.00
Full IDC inclusive of AI, OWSI & Crew pack £1749.00
FULL IDC Inclusive of AI, OWSI, Crew pack & EFR Instructor £2169.00
FULL IDC Inclusive of AI, OWSI, Crew pack, EFR Instructor & 5 Specialities £2669.00
We are now extremely happy to offer the ultimate OWSI package!
FULL IDC Inclusive of AI, OWSI, Crew pack, EFR Instructor & 5 Specialities, Week work placement in a busy Malta PADI CDC Resort, Flights & Accomodation - Please call to discuss.
Are you looking for something extraordinary? To do something others can only dream of? To help people transform their lives? To open doors you didn't even know existed? All of this, and more, awaits you as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
The Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program is one of two distinct components of PADI's Instructor Development Course (IDC) - the core of PADI Instructor training. The first portion is the Assistant Instructor course followed by the Open Water Scuba Instructor program
PADI's Instructor Development Course (IDC) redefines the standard for instructor training. Coupled with PADI's state-of-the-art educational materials, the PADI IDC allows you to learn quickly and effectively. It is the most comprehensive program in the industry The objective of the IDC is to prepare you for the PADI IE (Instructor Examination) and to prepare candidates for "Real World" teaching after the successful conclusion of the IDC/IE process.
The Fun Part
It's about life transformations - both yours and those around you.
The fun part of instructor training is interacting with course participants while creating friendships that continue long after the course concludes.
The Challenging Part
The challenging part of this course is your personal commitment to the training. The course requires you to complete all the self-study Knowledge Reviews before the course begins and to prepare daily assignments for teaching presentations daily. Organization and dedication are key.
What You Learn
During the course you'll learn how to apply the PADI System of Education by presenting at least:
- Two confined water teaching presentations
- Two knowledge development presentations
- One open water teaching presentations integrating two skills
You will also attend and participate in the following 14 curriculum presentations:
- Course Orientation
- Dive Industry Overview
- General Standards and Procedures
- The Role of Media and Prescriptive Teaching
- Legal Responsibility and Risk Management
- PADI Scuba Diver and Open Water Diver Course
- Adaptive Teaching
- The PADI Continuing Education Philosophy
- Business Principles for the Dive Instructor
- Adventures in Diving Program
- Specialty Diver Courses and Master Scuba Diver Program
- Rescue Diver Course
- Divemaster Course
- Diver Retention Programs
- How to Teach the RDP (Instructors from recreational diver training organizations other than PADI must complete.)
You will demonstrate competence at:
- performing all 20 dive skills listed on the Skill Evaluation.
- performing a facedown, non-stop swim for 800 metres/yards using a mask, snorkel and fins.
During the course you'll need to demonstrate competency in Dive theory by passing a five-part theory exam scoring 75% on each part.
How long will it take?
The OWSI program is a minimum of four days. It introduces you to the entire PADI System of diver education and concentrates on further developing your abilities as a professional dive educator.
If you are a Divemaster then it will take a minimum of 10 days which include Assistant Instructor course and IDC preparation. You will then need a further 2 days where you will attend the PADI Instructor Exam (IE) run by PADI.
What you can teach
After becoming an Open Water Scuba Instructor, you will be able to conduct the entire range of PADI programs from Discover Scuba Diving up to Divemaster. You may also choose to acquire specialty instructor ratings in areas of interest, such as Digital Underwater Photographer or Enriched Air Diver.
The learning materials you will need
The PADI IDC crewpak includes all the materials needed to prepare for a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor course.
The 23-item pack includes:
- Instructor cue cards for PADI's core courses (OW, AOW, Rescue and Divemaster)
- IDC Candidate Workbook and related reference materials
- Lesson planning slates for confined and open water
- Quiz and exam booklets for the core courses
- Specialty outlines for Project AWARE
- PADI Instructor Manual
What do I need to start?
- Be a PADI Divemaster or qualifying certification from another certification organization
- Be at least 18 years old Have 60 logged dives, including night, deep, and navigation dives
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months
- Have CPR and First Aid Training within the last 24 months
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- Want a fun and exciting career!
Where can I go from here?
You'll want to continue your professional training by completing courses that allow you to teach beyond the core courses. For example, Emergency Oxygen Provider Instructor, Emergency First Response Instructor, and specialty instructor courses complement your Open Water Scuba Instructor rating and add to your professional portfolio.
Interested in the Instructor Course?
Contact John Campbell who will arrange a meeting at the dive centre to discuss your training needs. To book your place, complete the booking form, call us on 0118 9761729 or email us at info'at'divestyle.co.uk (replace 'at' with @).