PADI Divemaster UK Intership
For candidates who already hold both the PADI Deep Diver and Search & Recovery Specialties, this allows us to run a slightly condensed course.
PADI Divemaster UK Internship Course
Join our PADI Divemaster internship.
DiveStyle offers internship training working towards a Divemaster certification. Ideally, the suitable candidate(s) will be certified as PADI Rescue Diver but we would certainly consider someone with less experience.
Divemaster Internship candidates will work with DiveStyle for a period of 6 months, treated as part of the DiveStyle permanent team, working alongside and assisting existing instructors and dive centre staff.
There will be no charge for materials, PADI certification costs or the Divemaster Internship course itself, however, you will be responsible for obtaining your own UK HSE medical.
Want to add specialities to your basic Divemaster internship? No problem, you can add any speciality that is applicable at a special 50% discount, but these are not part of the formal internship and cannot be paid for by working additional hours.
What makes our UK Divemaster internship different?
Once complete, you will also be offered the opportunity of a work placement (costs apply) from 1 – 4 weeks at our sister centre in Malta, we may be a little bias but we think it is the top PADI CDC centre in Malta, hands down!
The cost of the course is simply offset in exchange for all the hard work over minimum of 6 months full-time internship or until you successfully complete your Divemaster qualification.
What You Learn
During the PADI Divemaster course you will:
- learn about supervising certified divers, assisting with students, risk management, dive theory, diving skills, the underwater environment and how to independently conduct certain PADI programs and courses.
- You will be required to prove your water skills and stamina.
- You will be taught how to demonstrate skills for students and continue to hone your rescue techniques.
- You will gain practical experience by completing an emergency assistance plan and underwater map and either by assisting on courses or by a series of scenarios.
- You will participate in a number of pool and open water workshops including deep and search & recovery dives.
In addition you will also cover:
As part of your internship you will also cover:
- In depth logistical training
- IT training in the industries best POS system (EVE)
- Basic book keeping
- Learn how to fully schedule courses or all types
- Full retail & sales training
- Stock control and stock management
- On-the-job training and experience
- All aspects of health and safety relevant to the UK dive industry.
Plus you will obtain for FREE:
- Gas handling, plus obtain your gas blending certification (including Trimix)
At DiveStyle our professional academy is run by our resident PADI Course Director who co-ordinates all professional level courses. Upon enrolling on the Divemaster program candidates will be allocated a mentor to guide them through the course.
Upon completion of the course Divemasters wishing to work in the UK will need an H.S.E medical, Payable by the Divemaster.
We expect Divemaster candidates to have their own basic equipment of masks, fins and snorkel and we will provide any other required equipment throughout the course.
Transport, accommodation, dive site entries, boat fees, gas fills whilst at dive sites and PADI application fee are not included in the course price.
What you can teach
After becoming certified as a PADI Divemaster you will be authorized to:
- Supervise both training and non-training-related activities by planning, organizing and directing dives
- Assist a PADI Instructor during the training sessions for any PADI Diver course
- Conduct the PADI Skin Diver course and PADI Discover Snorkeling program
- Conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience
- Conduct the PADI Scuba Review program
- If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating to be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty.
- Independently guide Open Water Diver course students on the tour portion of Open Water Diver course Training Dives 2, 3 and 4 at a ratio of two student divers per certified Divemaster.
- Accompany Open Water Diver students under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor during:
- surface swims to and from the entry/exit point and during navigational exercises
- when the instructor conducts a skill, such as an ascent or descent, a Divemaster can remain with other student divers (with an individual student or buddy team)
- Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or Specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor. Conduct the PADI Seal Team Skin Diver Specialist Aqua Mission
- Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor's indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with a PADI Instructor.
- Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an Emergency First Response Instructor course
The learning materials you will need
The materials you will be given are PADI Divemaster Manual, PADI Instructor Manual, PADI Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, Divemaster Slates, RDP table and eRDPML. These ARE included in the course price for DiveStyle Divemaster candidates we provide a crewpak containing (includes Divemaster Manual, Instructor Manual, Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, Slates, DSD cue card and PADI professional bag)
What do I need to qualify?
- Be able to commit to a full time position in the dive centre
- To enroll in a Divemaster course you will need to be:
- 18 years old, have 40 logged dives.
- Be a PADI Rescue Diver (or equivalent).
- Have a current medical statement signed by a physician.
- Proof of CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months
Where can I go from here?
The PADI Divemaster course is the first step on the ladder of becoming a PADI professional diver. Once you have completed the Divemaster course the real work begins. It's time for you to get stuck into learning about the dive industry and gaining experience working with students of all aptitudes. Once you have gained that valuable knowledge you can then start to think of taking the next step such as Assistant Instructor or going straight to Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI).
Interested in the PADI Divemaster UK Internship?
Contact John Campbell who will arrange a meeting at the dive center to discuss your training needs. To book your place, complete the booking form, call us on 0118 9761729 or email us at info'at'divestyle.co.uk (replace 'at' with @).