PLEASE NOTE: If you have already completed the side mount speciality course the cost of the course reduces to £250.
Please contact us for further details.
The course is conducted over one evening of theory follwed by a confined water session to practice the new skills for sidemount diving you will learn on the course.
Two days are then spent doing a minimum of 3 training dives followed by practice skill sessions
Tec Sidemount offers the same benefits as the PADI Sidemount Diver course but gives you the opportunity to dive with 2 cylinders for extended dive times.
The Tec Sidemount Diver course is a great way to get started into technical diving because the skills you learn in this course will train you to handle multiple cylinders on a single dive. You can combine what you learn in the Tec Sidemount Diver course with other open-circuit tec courses that you take, or certifications you’ve already earned, to take advantage of sidemount’s cylinder configuration and handling advantages.
- Don and doff their sidemount cylinders whilst in the water.
- Conduct a buoyancy check at the surface.
- Donor and receiver to an out of air diver.
- Switch regulators to keep gas balanced in their independent cylinders.
- Neutral buoyancy swimming using various finning techniques.
- Valve shutdowns exercise combined with gas switches (safety drill).
- Twin partial cylinder removal and swim neutrally buoyant.
- Neutral swim with one cylinder removed (hand-held).
- Simulate a regulator free flow and breathe from regulator using (valve fluttering).
- Maintain the correct trim of the sidemount cylinders (especially when buoyant).
- Sidemount bungee failure, replace with spare.
– Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization
– Have logged 30 or more dives
– At least 18 years old
– Certification as a PADI Enriched Air Diver is recommended
- Hollis Sidemount System
- 2 x Hollis SM Regulator System
- 2 x Ali 80 SM Cylinders
- Air or Nitrox Fills
- Mask, Fins & Suitable Exposure Protection (snorkel optional)
- Sidemount Harness & BCD (approved by instructor prior to the course)
- Dive Tables, Depth Guage & Dive Timer (or Dive Computer)
- Divers Tool or Knife
- Slate with Pencil
- Two Surface Signaling Devices (whistle & SMB or signal mirror)
- Reel & SMB (if required by local regulations)
- Multi Pouch Or Pocket
- Redundancy Equipment (spare bungee, double ended bolt snap, cable ties and mouthpiece)
Diving fees, transport, accommodation and gas fees are not included.