The Spare Air HEED 3 (Helicopter Emergency Egress Device 3) is a compact, lightweight and reliable self contained breathing apparatus designed to increase the survivability of military and commercial personnel in short-term out-of-air emergencies. It provides lifesaving air needed to egress from a downed aircraft or a rolled vehicle in the water. HEED 3 is ideal for all helicopters, fixed wing aircraft, float planes, watercraft and vehicles that operate around possible water emergencies. As well as water operations the Spare Air HEED 3 can be used in a number of situations such as protecting personnel from inhaling dangerous and lethal toxic fumes from fire or smoke.
The HEED 3 comprises six components that work togather to create thisself contained redundant air supply:
- Regulator Body – A rugged design utilises the same time proven technology found in typical regulators used by scuba divers around the world. Our always-on, breathe on demand, balanced single stage regulator is easy to use, maintain and service. HEED 3 can be used in any orientation, even upside down.
- Pressure Indicator – Standard on the HEED 3, the pressure indicator is easy to read and shows an accurate measurement of tank pressure in 200 psi increments.
- Purge Button – Clears the regulator and empties the cylinder.
- Mouthpiece – Standard regulator mouthpiece carried by scuba divers everywhere and is the same model used on most regulators.
- Check Valve – Remove the cap and attach the Air Compressor adaptor to fill the HEED 3 in about 60 seconds (depending upon compressor). Or attach the optional refill adaptor and connect the other end to a filled scuba cylinder. Slowly open the tank valve and in 30-60 seconds, your HEED 3 is full.
- 200 Bar Aluminum Tank – This cylinder is manufactured just like standard scuba cylinders, with the same safety features. The cylinder should be hydrostatically tested once every 5 years.
The HEED 3 is also known as SEED (Supplementary Emergency Escape Device), STASS (Short Term Air Supply System).
- 22cm long and 5.7cm diameter
- Compact design is easy to use
- Simple design is easy to repair and maintain
- Always-on design is ready to deliver air when you need it
- Refillable from an air compressor (or scuba diving cylinder using optional adapter)
- Over 25 years of service to the military, tested and approved by the US Navy
- Deluxe Dial Gauge Pressure Indicator standard on every unit
- Includes custom holster to attach to a modular-type vest
- Mouthpiece cover and lanyard included
- CE approved – Tanks on units shipped to Europe are CE approved to meet current European Safety Standards required for all compressed gas cylinders and are properly CE marked.