Apeks XL4 Regulator Set
The Apeks XL4 was launched by Apeks on 21 October 2018, the new XL4 regulator is designed with the cold-water exploration diver in mind.
The Apeks XL4 is a compact, lightweight regulator suitable for diving in all environments including cold water locations. Its design and low weight help reduce jaw fatigue on long dives. The XL4 also makes an ideal stage regulator, perfect for the technical exploration diver with a large amount of equipment. The XL4 is a high performance option for those technical divers serious about weight savings.
The Apeks XL4 Weighs in at a tiny 905g (DIN version), the XL4 is the lightest ever cold-water regulator made by Apeks, and includes their latest cold-water innovation, an over-moulded first stage endcap that reduces ice build-up around the first stage. This technology greatly reduces the risk of a free flow in low temperatures, and cold water performance is further improved by heat exchangers on the first and second stage.
The Apeks XL4 was designed for technical divers looking to reduce the weight of their setup, the XL4 can also be used as a compact regulator for stage cylinders, especially useful for the technical exploration diver with a large amount of equipment.
There are two The Apeks XL4 Regulator Sets available as packages from Apeks.
Stage 3 Includes:
- Compact machined first stage based on the expedition tested Apeks DS4 platform.
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap and environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Large surface area heat exchanger diaphragm clamp helps increase the gas temperature inside the first stage, resulting in improved cold water performance.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- Compact and lightweight second stage improves comfort and helps reduce jaw fatigue on long duration dives.
- High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve.
- Large, over moulded self-flushing and controllable purge button.
- Ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate.
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than a traditional rubber hose.
- Standard metallic hose connection for interchangeability.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece has a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate and does not require bite pressure to stay in place.
- Re-useable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field.
- Durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee provides excellent bubble diversion.
- This octopus is based on the XL4 second stage
- Designed for coldwater with the performance you expect from an Apeks pneumatically balanced valve
- Diver adjustable venturi control
- Durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee
- The unit has a high visibility yellow accent pieces and a 36” braided yellow hose
Stage 4 Includes all of the above plus:
- The gauge case is made from nickel plated brass
- The dial window is made of highly shock resistant material (anti-splinter polycarbonate)
- A specially designed housing protects the gauge and HP hose fitting from accidental damage
- A large loop area designed into the housing allows for easy attachment.
- There is an over-pressure capsule fitted in the back of the module to prevent the screen from exploding in the unlikely event of the internal mechanism failing.
Want more information? Apeks UK