Apeks XL4 Plus Regulator Set
The Apeks XL4 Plus Regulator is a white version of the popular, compact, cold water XL4 Regulator. With one small difference, the XL4+ has a second HP Port. This is ideal if you want to have a standard gauge and a dive computer transmitter.
The Apeks XL4+ is a compact lightweight regulator suitable for diving in all environments including cold water locations. Its design and low weight help reduce jaw fatigue on long dives. The XL4+ also makes an ideal stage regulator, perfect for the technical exploration diver with a large amount of equipment. The XL4+ regulator is a high-performance option for those technical divers serious about weight savings.
Why would you select the Apeks XL4+ as a-pose to the XL4?
The XL4+ has the same cold water capability and performance as the XL4. Even with the extra HP port, Apeks have kept the regulator lightweight for travelling divers. The XL4+ can be combined with the XL4l 2nd stage. This is a lightweight and small second stage that is perfect for longer dives, reducing jaw fatigue and the overall bulkiness. The XL4+ is perfect for divers who want a regulator they can use in cold waters that isn’t heavy so they can use it as a holiday regulator too.
Weighing in at a tiny 905g (DIN version), the XL4 is the lightest ever cold-water regulator made by Apeks, and includes their latest cold-water innovation, an over-moulded first stage endcap that reduces ice build-up around the first stage. This technology greatly reduces the risk of a free flow in low temperatures, and cold water performance is further improved by heat exchangers on the first and second stage.
Designed for technical divers looking to reduce the weight of their setup, the XL4 can also be used as a compact regulator for stage cylinders, especially useful for the technical exploration diver with a large amount of equipment.
Although it’s geared towards the technical diving community, recreational divers looking to shave weight from their kit bags to combat excess baggage charges may also wish to take a closer look.
- Compact machined first stage based on the expedition tested Apeks DS4 platform.
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap and environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Large surface area heat exchanger diaphragm clamp helps increase the gas temperature inside the first stage, resulting in improved cold water performance.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- Compact and lightweight second stage improves comfort and helps reduce jaw fatigue on long duration dives.
- High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve.
- Large, over moulded self-flushing and controllable purge button.
- Ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate.
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than a traditional rubber hose.
- Standard metallic hose connection for interchangeability.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece has a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate and does not require bite pressure to stay in place.
- Re-useable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field.
- Durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee provides excellent bubble diversion.
- UV inhibitors to help prevent discolouration of the white materials.
- This octopus is based on the XL4 second stage
- Designed for coldwater with the performance you expect from an Apeks pneumatically balanced valve
- Diver adjustable venturi control
- Durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee
- The unit has a high visibility yellow accent pieces and a 36” braided yellow hose
Want more information? Apeks UK