Apeks Black Ice – Instructor Deal
Instructor Deal Guidlines
If you are a PADI Professional or Dive Instructor from another agency then our Instructor Deals will offer you a chance to get the best products for the best prices. Please make sure that you have a a copy of your certification available as we will need to fill out some additional paperwork after you purchase your item to register you with the manufacturer.??Once you have purchased this item you will need to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your instructor certification card and number, name, email and home address. Alternatively drop into the dive centre in Leeds (click here for a map) and you can fill out the paperwork and we can scan your certification details.
The Apeks Black Ice
The Apeks Black Ice BCD has been designed for the most serious of recreational divers in mind. From Tech to Rec the Apeks Black Ice can meet all your demands and do it well. Designed to provide the comfort desired for daily diving and the features needed to take you over the edge, the Black Ice is ideal for the diver who does it all.
With the Advanced Diver in Mind Apeks have designed the Apeks Black Ice to be rugged; made from abrasion resistant materials. Back inflation wing design produces a lot of lift without restricting movement and because all of the buoyancy is flat on your back it gives you a more natural position in the water.
The Apeks Black Ice features a Wrapture Harness System utilises patented swivel shoulder buckles and a proprietary, ultra thin backplate which increases comfort and stability. The wrapture system prevents the BC from “riding-up” on the surface when inflated by holding onto you. Out of the water, the thin backplate keeps the cylinder close to your centre of gravity and transfers the weight to your hips, reducing the strain on your back. The result is the ability to stand up straight with a cylinder that is perfectly vertical. Modular Design lets you adjust different parts of the harness to customise the length of each strap for a perfect fit.
- Equipped with flat E valves on the right shoulder and lower rear right and left sides (fitted with easy grip pull dumps) Flat E valves are extremely streamlined with a one way design to keep water out.
- Two shoulder settings for true custom adjustments.
- Adjustable chest strap.
- 3 waistband settings.
- 3 bladder retractors.
- The Wrapture Harness System with a valve strap that allows the cylinder to be pulled in close to the body and remain in a perfectly vertical position. This allows the diver to stand up straight in total comfort without the cylinder pulling backwards.
- 5 Stainless steel D-ring to add all the attachments that the diver desires.
- SOLAS reflector inflater hold down.
- Powerline inflater with internal dump cable.
- Innovative swivel shoulder buckles.
- Knife attachment points designed to accept many of the speciality BC knifes available from Apeks/Aqua Lung.
- Right hand side large utility pocket.
- Left hand side large capacity fold down pocket to provide additional space for dive accessories such as lights, mask etc.
- Removable back pad held in place by a simple hook and loop attachment.
- SureLock II Integrated Weight Release System.
- Capable of mounting twin cylinders.
- Temperature Range – No lower than -20?C (-4?F) and no higher than 65?C (150?F).
- Cylinder Capacities –
- Single Cylinder – Maximum Diameter – 20.5cm (8.1in)
- Maximum Capacity – 15litre
- Twin Cylinder – Maximum Diameter – 17.7cm (7.0in)
- Maximum Capacity – 2 x 10litre
- Overall Weight – 4.40kg (9.7lbs) approx
- Squeeze Lock Knife and cylinder for illustration purposes only (Knife and Cylinder Not Included)