PADI Adaptive Techniques
Are you a PADI® Professional who wants to become more aware of individual considerations when working with people who have physical or mental challenges?
PADI Professionals have a long and successful history of working with divers with disabilities. PADI’s approach to diver education is (and always has been) inclusive: Everyone who meets a course’s prerequisites is welcome to enroll. The PADI Adaptive Techniques Specialty course builds on that foundation by enhancing the training PADI Professionals receive, and preparing them for student-centered and prescriptive approaches when adapting techniques to meet diver needs.
PADI Divemasters or PADI Master Freedivers who have completed EFR Primary and Secondary Care course within 24 months are eligible to take the PADI Adaptive Techniques Specialty course.
The PADI Adaptive Techniques Specialty course focuses on increasing awareness of varying abilities, and explores adaptive teaching techniques to apply when training and diving with physically and mentally challenged divers.
The PADI Adaptive Techniques Specialty course will help PADI Professionals:
- Become more aware and mindful of individual considerations when introducing people with disabilities to diving or freediving.
- Explore adaptive techniques that can be applied while supervising and training divers or freedivers with disabilities in PADI courses and programs.
- Properly counsel and direct student divers, based on their abilities, toward PADI certification, PADI experience programs or a disabilities-dedicated diving organization for limited certification programs.
- Learn additional techniques to motivate and encourage student divers with mental and/or physical challenges.
The course consists of knowledge development, two confined water skill development workshops and two open water workshops. In addition, a subset of this course, PADI Adaptive Support Diver, will interest divers who want to learn how they can best support dive buddies who have physical or mental challenges.
The fit and comfort of your personal equipment are key to having an enjoyable diving experience. As a minimum, we would recommend your own mask, snorkel.
Our friendly staff will help you select gear that's right for you when you're ready to buy.
We will provide all your core scuba diving equipment during your course including:
- Buoyancy Device
- Scuba Cylinder
- Integrated Weight System & Weights (As needed)
- Scuba Diving Computer
- Scuba Diving Fins
- Drysuit & Undersuit
During your course, we will include FREE rental of all of the above core dive gear items only. You will be required to collect your core dive gear prior to the open water training dives from DiveStyle
Enrol onto the course by making your purchase online through our website. You will then receive an email asking for some more details to get you registered and also offering some help to get you started with your online materials. After that, we will send you more details on logistics of your course, such where to be and when.
If you already know which of our upcoming course dates suits you best, please add this to the comment section when making your purchase online, or simply give us a call to discuss this further.
Course Costs £195.00
To book please click the link below and enter the code: DS-ADAPTIVET
12 years or older
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months
Approximately 8-15 hours