Bronze £595, Silver £695, Gold £869, Platinum £1095
THE DIVEMASTER COURSE IS INCLUSIVE OF MATERIALS - NO HIDDEN COSTS!
PADI Divemaster Course
The Divemaster course is the first professional level in the PADI system and develops your leadership abilities by training you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. It can be the first step in your dive career and an immense source of satisfaction.
The course should not be undertaken lightly. Although fun, the aim is to produce a responsible and capable Divemaster who can take charge of diving activities, or assist an instructor in the training of other divers.
There is no time limit on our course as the only way to become a good Divemaster is to practice.
What You Learn
During the PADI Divemaster course you will:
- learn about supervising certified divers, assisting with students, risk management, dive theory, diving skills, the underwater environment and how to independently conduct certain PADI programs and courses.
- You will be required to prove your water skills and stamina.
- You will be taught how to demonstrate skills for students and continue to hone your rescue techniques.
- You will gain practical experience by completing an emergency assistance plan and underwater map and either by assisting on courses or by a series of scenarios.
- You will participate in a number of pool and open water workshops including deep and search & recovery dives.
At DiveStyle our professional academy is run by our resident PADI Course Director who co-ordinates all professional level courses. Upon enrolling on the Divemaster program candidates will be allocated a mentor to guide them through the course.
Upon completion of the course Divemasters wishing to work for us will have their H.S.E medical paid for by DiveStyle after an internship period.
We run a number of Divemaster packages to suit individual candidate's requirements:
- Divemaster Bronze. For candidates who hold both the PADI Deep Diver and Search & Recovery Specialties then we can run a slightly condensed course.
- Divemaster Silver. The standard Divemaster package.
- Divemaster Gold. This includes the PADI Enriched Air Diver & Dry Suit Diver specialties.
- Divemaster Platinum. The elite professional package includes the PADI Enriched Air Diver, Dry Suit Diver, Equipment Specialist, Oxygen Provider and Nitrox Gas Blender specialties plus free Master Scuba Diver rating.
We expect Divemaster candidates to have their own basic equipment of masks, fins and snorkel and we will provide any other required equipment throughout the course.
Transport, accommodation, dive site entries, boat fees, gas fills whilst at dive sites and PADI application fee are not included in the course price.
Short on time or prefer eLearning?
It is possible to study for the academic portion of the Divemaster course online. Candidates wishing to take this option must enroll onto the Divemaster e-learning program via the PADI website (www.padi.com). You will be given perpetual access to an ebook version of the PADI Divemaster manual. You will still need to purchase the other required materials and we offer an e-crewpak (includes Instructor Manual, Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, Slates, DSD cue card and PADI professional bag) for Â£85. You will pay PADI $200 for this and we will reduce the cost of whichever Divemaster package you choose by Â£60.
What you can teach
After becoming certified as a PADI Divemaster you will be authorized to:/p>
- Supervise both training and non-training-related activities by planning, organizing and directing dives
- Assist a PADI Instructor during the training sessions for any PADI Diver course
- Conduct the PADI Skin Diver course and PADI Discover Snorkeling program
- Conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience
- Conduct the PADI Scuba Review program
- If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating to be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty.
- Independently guide Open Water Diver course students on the tour portion of Open Water Diver course Training Dives 2, 3 and 4 at a ratio of two student divers per certified Divemaster.
- Accompany Open Water Diver students under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor during:
- surface swims to and from the entry/exit point and during navigational exercises
- when the instructor conducts a skill, such as an ascent or descent, a Divemaster can remain with other student divers (with an individual student or buddy team)
- Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or Specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor. Conduct the PADI Seal Team Skin Diver Specialist Aqua Mission
- Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor's indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with a PADI Instructor.
- Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an Emergency First Response Instructor course
The learning materials you will need
The materials you require are PADI Divemaster Manual, PADI Instructor Manual, PADI Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, Divemaster Slates, RDP table and eRDPML. These ARE included in the course price for DiveStyle Divemaster candidates we provide a crewpak containing (includes Divemaster Manual, Instructor Manual, Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, Slates, DSD cue card and PADI professional bag)
What do I need to start?
- To enroll in a Divemaster course you will need to be:
- 18 years old, have 40 logged dives.
- Be a PADI Rescue Diver (or equivalent).
- Have a current medical statement signed by a physician.
- Proof of CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months
Where can I go from here?
The PADI Divemaster course is the first step on the ladder of becoming a PADI professional diver. Once you have completed the Divemaster course the real work begins. It's time for you to get stuck into learning about the dive industry and gaining experience working with students of all aptitudes. Once you have gained that valuable knowledge you can then start to think of taking the next step such as Assistant Instructor or going straight to Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI). Contact DiveStyle today for details about your PADI Master Scuba Diver certification.
Interested in the Divemaster course?
Contact John Campbell who will arrange a meeting at the dive center to discuss your training needs. To book your place, complete the booking form, call us on 0118 926 2288 or email us